Current assays may not have the sensitivity to detect changes in action potential upstroke.
CellOPTIQ® from Clyde Biosciences is the only assay able to capture data fast enough to measure changes in upstroke directly.
Clyde’s Voltage Assay:
Speed + Sensitivity
- Clyde’s voltage assay uses proprietary recording techniques and bespoke software to measure transmembrane voltage
- Clyde uses a non-toxic ratiometric dye to enable rapid (<1μs) sensing of changes in voltage
- CellOPTIQ® can record data at >10 kHz, giving it the ability to detect subtle changes in upstroke kinetics
Major benefits include:
- CiPA standardised measurements of action potential
- Detailed analysis of all action potential phases: upstroke, early-, middle- and late-stage repolarisation
- Ability to conduct chronic studies with repeated measurements up to 20 days
- Works with 2D or 3D structures
Assessment of a compound's potential to cause EADs is of vital importance in determining cardiotoxic potential. Older technologies can detect EADs, but only in a presence/absence model. Only Clyde Biosciences is able to determine the critical type of EAD present and report on their classification.
Examples of EADs Elucidated on CellOPTIQ®/strong>